Tuesday, September 4, 2007

My second post: the mathfridge has landed

I made this comment on my facebook about a year ago, but I think it is worthy to bring up again. It is fall once again on the LSU
campus. That means two things, football and hot weather clothing. As a
Christian guy I kind of want to gouge my eyes out with a spoon.
Fortunately I am quiet near sighted so I find myself often taking my
glasses off. Then I start thinking about the lovely architecture instead of campus wardrobe or lack there of.

What would people think if I went walking around campus wearing spaghetti
straps and a mini skirt? They would think yuck I don't want to see
that. That's right I don't either. I understand the need to dress
comfortably, but I think I am comfortable in knee length shorts and a
normal t-shirt.

Any who, I am excited about the LSU football season. And like most of the campus I am whistling the fight song and pumped about hearing the Golden band from Tigerland. But in light of my above thoughts, I rewrote the lyrics about a year ago. Here is a link:

http://www.fightmusic.com/sec.html

Scroll down to the LSU
section and click on "Hey Fighting Tigers". I do have the real lyrics
memorised, but I thought you might enjoy my revised version.

I love Capris! Oh I love Capris!
I'm so happy not to see your knees!
I want to see less I don't want to see more.
I'm impressed with the girl in the dress
whose hem goes to the floor.

If you could rise up the neck line high on the shirt
In fact I would think a sweater wouldn't hurt.
With an outfit that's full of cotton and wool
And a whole lot less to view.
Modesty I love you!

9 comments:

Heather said...

hey Dave, I'm Heather, Rachel's friend in the Netherlands. (I mean, she has more friends, but I'm the only one in the Neth. at least, I think that's true. is that true, Rachel? okay, so it's clear?)

anyway, nice to meet you. your first blog was quite normal and I thought, 'okay, nice guy'. But now I'm confused...what sort of spaghetti straps are you thinking of not wearing? Is this a new fashion trend I've missed? (thankfully, it sounds like) But I'm still curious...how are the spaghetti straps sewn? tied? stapled? taped? together?

cantormath said...

"Hot weather" does not do Baton Rouge justice. VIETNAM SUMMER!!!!!!, now there is an analogy.

jigawatt said...

I'm very upset.

Dave has only been a blogger for one day and he is already averaging more comments per post than I!

Oops. I guess I'm part of the problem. I'll shut up now.

jigawatt said...

By the way, I like the Futurama reference.

Rhonda said...

hi, i'm rhonda, rachel's sister-in-law in madagascar. so far you have one of the most interesting blogs i've ever read. :D looking forward to reading more and getting to know you. you can ask rachel for my blog site, if she didn't already give it to you. assuming you're interested. :)

lisa said...

hey Dave..I'm Lisa. I'm Rachel's cousins wife. one of her favorite distant relatives I might add!! I also have a blog that Rachel might give you, and then again she might not!!! :-) I have a tendancy to get myself into trouble on occasion. I really enjoyed your 2nd blog and think you need to relate some of those ideas with my 4 boys!!! I agree with you 100%! and I'll let my boys know of their new favorite song that you wrote once they arrive home tonight.

rachelslab said...

Okay, well, anything to get at jigawatshisface...

jigawatt said...

Man, I usually have to meet someone in person before I annoy them. Or is this because I reminded Dave about the Weird Al quote?

rachelslab said...

ah, sorry you were the unsuspecting victim of my bad day. I'll (probably) be nice from now on, whoever you are...